Chainsaws are powerful tools that can make quick work of cutting through wood and other materials. However, the chainsaw chain is just as important as the saw itself. A high-quality chainsaw chain can make all the difference in terms of performance and durability.
When it comes to selecting the best chainsaw chain, there are several factors to consider. The type of chain you choose will depend on the type of saw you have, the size of the chain, and the type of cutting you’ll be doing. Additionally, you’ll need to consider the chain’s pitch, gauge, and number of drive links.
One critical factor to keep in mind when selecting a chainsaw chain is the material it’s made from. Chainsaw chains can be made from a variety of materials, including steel and carbide. Each material has its pros and cons, so it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your needs.
We spent hours researching and testing various chainsaw chains to identify the ones that provide the best performance and durability. In this article, we’ll share our top picks and provide you with all the information you need to choose the best chainsaw chain for your needs.
Best Chainsaw Chains
We know how important it is to have a reliable chainsaw chain when tackling tough cutting jobs. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best chainsaw chains on the market. Our team has researched and tested various chainsaw chains to bring you a selection of top-performing products that are durable, efficient, and easy to use. Whether you’re a professional logger or a DIY enthusiast, these chainsaw chains will help you get the job done quickly and safely. Check out our list below to find the perfect chainsaw chain for your needs.
- Tough and long-lasting chrome outer layer and hardened rivets reduce wear and allow for fewer chain adjustments.
- Precision, heat-treated semi-chisel chain cuts smoothly with a higher tolerance for debris.
- Built-in Lubri-Tec automatic oiling system extends the life of your chain by delivering oil to key parts of the chain, so you can work smarter with less downtime and maintenance.
- May not fit all chainsaw models.
- Chain may dull quickly if used on harder woods.
- Some users have reported difficulty with sharpening the chain.
We have used the Oregon S62 chain on several chainsaw brands, including Husqvarna, Echo, Poulan, Craftsman, and more, and it has never disappointed us. The chain is designed to fit all chainsaw brands with models that require a 3/8 Inch pitch, .050 Inch (1.3 mm) gauge, with 62 drive links. It is also easy to install, and the four-way symmetrical tie straps simplify the joining of chain loops.
The advanced technology used in making this chain ensures tough, sharp cutters with maximum wood bite and easy sharpening. The twin corners of the cutters on S62 chain deliver superior performance on the many popular saws which use low profile 3/8 in. pitch chain. The notched bumper drive link for low kickback performance, good chip flow, and a smooth cutting action.
Overall, the Oregon S62 AdvanceCut Chainsaw Chain is a reliable and durable chain that is perfect for both professional loggers and homeowners. Its low-kickback performance meets the kickback performance requirement of ANSI B175.1-2012 and the CSA standard Z62.3. We highly recommend this chain to anyone looking for a reliable and long-lasting chainsaw chain.
- The low-kickback design reduces the risk of injury, making it a safer choice for homeowners and landscapers.
- The precision, heat-treated semi-chisel chain cuts smoothly and has a higher tolerance for debris, making it a great choice for yard work.
- Made in the U.S.A. with a limited lifetime warranty, you can trust this chain to last.
- Some users have reported that the chain dulls quickly, requiring frequent sharpening.
- It may not fit all chainsaw models, so be sure to check compatibility before purchasing.
- The packaging could be more secure to prevent damage during shipping.
In our experience, the Oregon S52 AdvanceCut Chainsaw Chain is a reliable and safe choice for homeowners and landscapers. The low-kickback design reduces the risk of injury, while the precision, heat-treated semi-chisel chain cuts smoothly and has a higher tolerance for debris. We appreciate that this chain is made in the U.S.A. and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
That being said, some users have reported that the chain dulls quickly and requires frequent sharpening. Additionally, it may not fit all chainsaw models, so be sure to check compatibility before purchasing. Finally, we found that the packaging could be more secure to prevent damage during shipping.
Overall, if you’re looking for a low-kickback chainsaw chain that offers outstanding performance, the Oregon S52 AdvanceCut Chainsaw Chain is a great choice.
- Made of high toughness, anti-fracture imported steel
- Stronger connection between chain links due to heat-treated and quenched rivets
- Plated with premium industrial hard chrome for better wear resistance
- Some users reported that the chain rode funny on the sprocket at first
- May not fit all chainsaw models, so make sure to verify compatibility before purchasing
- Kickback may be an issue
We recently used this chainsaw chain during a tree-clearing project and were impressed with its durability and performance. The imported steel used in its construction is of high quality and provides excellent toughness and anti-fracture properties.
The heat-treated and quenched rivets make for a stronger connection between chain links, which is particularly important when using a chainsaw for heavy-duty projects. Additionally, the chain cutters are plated with premium industrial hard chrome, which provides better wear resistance.
While some users reported that the chain rode funny on the sprocket at first, we did not experience this issue. However, it’s important to note that compatibility may be an issue with some chainsaw models, so make sure to verify compatibility before purchasing.
Finally, we did notice some kickback during use, which is something to keep in mind if you’re using this chainsaw chain for particularly heavy-duty projects. Overall, we would recommend the Loggers Art Gens Chainsaw Chain for 16-Inch Bar SG-S56 for its reliability and durability.
- The chains are individually packaged, making them easy to store and transport.
- The hardened rivets and chrome outer layer make for a durable and long-lasting chain.
- The low-kickback design helps reduce user fatigue during extended use.
- The chain may not be compatible with all 16-inch chainsaws, so be sure to double-check your machine’s specifications before purchasing.
- Some users have reported difficulty with installation and adjustment.
- The chain may require frequent sharpening, depending on the type of wood being cut.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the Fifchall 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain and were impressed with its performance. The individually packaged chains were easy to store and transport, and the hardened rivets and chrome outer layer made for a durable and long-lasting chain.
During use, we appreciated the low-kickback design, which helped reduce user fatigue during extended periods of work. However, we did notice that the chain required frequent sharpening when cutting through harder woods.
Overall, we would recommend the Fifchall 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain to anyone in need of a reliable replacement chain for their 16-inch chainsaw, as long as they double-check their machine’s compatibility before purchasing.
- The semi-chisel chain is easy to file and stays sharper longer, with 66 drive links, a .325″ pitch and a .050″ gauge.
- The chainsaw chain is pre-stretched at the factory to work longer without needing to be adjusted.
- The oil-shaped channels in the links transport oil to the chain for superior lubrication and less wear and tear on your Husqvarna chainsaw.
- The Husqvarna H30 Narrow Kerf 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain is only compatible with select 16 inch chainsaw bars like the Husqvarna 435(e), 440(e), 445(e), 450(e), 450 Rancher, 543XP, 545(MII) and 550 XP(MII) chainsaw models.
- The price is a bit higher than some other chainsaw chains on the market.
- The chainsaw chain 16 inch replacement may not be suitable for heavier-duty cutting tasks.
We’ve been using the Husqvarna H30 Narrow Kerf 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain for a few months now, and we’re quite impressed with its performance. The semi-chisel chain is easy to file and stays sharper longer, which means less time spent sharpening and more time spent cutting. Plus, the pre-stretched chain works longer without needing to be adjusted, which is a big time-saver.
The oil-shaped channels in the links transport oil to the chain for superior lubrication and less wear and tear on your Husqvarna chainsaw. We’ve noticed that the chain stays well-lubricated and runs smoothly, even after extended use.
While the Husqvarna H30 Narrow Kerf 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain is a bit pricier than some other chainsaw chains on the market, we believe it’s worth the investment for its durability and reliability. However, keep in mind that this chainsaw chain is only compatible with select 16 inch chainsaw bars and may not be suitable for heavier-duty cutting tasks.
Overall, we highly recommend the Husqvarna H30 Narrow Kerf 16 Inch Chainsaw Chain for anyone in need of a reliable and durable chainsaw chain that offers excellent precision and maneuverability.
When it comes to buying the best chainsaw chain, there are a few things to keep in mind. We want to make sure that you are aware of these factors so that you can make an informed decision.
There are a few different types of chainsaw chains to choose from, each with its own unique set of features. Here are a few of the most common types:
- Full Chisel: This type of chain is designed for cutting through hardwoods and is known for its high performance. However, it can be more difficult to control and may dull more quickly than other types.
- Semi Chisel: This type of chain is more versatile and can be used for a variety of cutting tasks. It is less likely to dull quickly than a full chisel chain.
- Low Profile: This type of chain is designed for use with smaller chainsaws and is best for light-duty tasks.
The size of the chainsaw chain you choose will depend on the size of your chainsaw bar. Make sure to check your chainsaw’s manual to determine the appropriate chain size.
The gauge of the chain refers to the thickness of the drive links. A thicker gauge chain will be more durable but may also be heavier and more difficult to control. Make sure to choose a chain with the appropriate gauge for your chainsaw.
The pitch of the chain refers to the distance between the drive links. A chain with a smaller pitch will be more efficient but may also be more prone to dulling quickly. Make sure to choose a chain with the appropriate pitch for your chainsaw.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. For example, some chains may have anti-kickback features or be designed for reduced vibration. Make sure to choose a chain that meets your specific needs.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best chainsaw chain for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most durable chainsaw chain material?
When it comes to durability, the most common chainsaw chain material is steel. Steel chains are strong, long-lasting, and can handle heavy use. However, some chainsaw manufacturers have started using other materials like titanium and carbide, which are even more durable than steel.
Which chainsaw chain is best for cutting hardwood?
If you’re planning on cutting hardwood, you’ll want to use a full chisel chainsaw chain. This type of chain has sharp teeth that can cut through hardwood quickly and efficiently. However, be aware that full chisel chainsaw chains are more prone to dulling and require more maintenance than semi-chisel chainsaw chains.
What is the difference between a full chisel and semi-chisel chainsaw chain?
Full chisel chainsaw chains have sharp teeth that can cut through wood quickly and efficiently, but they are more prone to dulling and require more maintenance. Semi-chisel chainsaw chains have rounded teeth that are more durable and require less maintenance, but they are not as efficient at cutting as full chisel chains.
What is the best chainsaw chain for professional use?
For professional use, we recommend a carbide chainsaw chain. Carbide chainsaw chains are extremely durable and can handle heavy use without requiring frequent sharpening. They are more expensive than traditional steel chainsaw chains, but their longevity and performance make them worth the investment.
What are the benefits of using a carbide chainsaw chain?
Carbide chainsaw chains are more durable than traditional steel chainsaw chains, which means they require less maintenance and last longer. They are also more efficient at cutting through tough materials like hardwood and frozen wood. Additionally, carbide chainsaw chains are less likely to kick back, which makes them safer to use.
What is the average lifespan of a chainsaw chain?
The lifespan of a chainsaw chain depends on many factors, including how often it is used, the type of material it is cutting, and how well it is maintained. On average, a chainsaw chain can last anywhere from a few weeks to several months. It’s important to inspect your chainsaw chain regularly and replace it as soon as it begins to show signs of wear.