A chainsaw is a powerful tool that can make quick work of cutting down trees and branches. However, not all chainsaws are created equal. When it comes to smaller jobs, 12 inch chainsaws can be the perfect tool for the job. Whether you’re trimming branches or cutting firewood, a 12-inch chainsaw is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
When purchasing a 12-inch chainsaw, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the type of fuel the chainsaw uses. Gas-powered chainsaws are more powerful, but also louder and require more maintenance. Electric chainsaws are quieter and require less maintenance, but may not be as powerful. Second, consider the weight of the chainsaw. A lighter chainsaw will be easier to maneuver, but may not be as durable as a heavier one.
We spent hours researching and testing 12 inch chainsaws to identify the ones that are powerful, durable, and easy to use. In this article, we’ll share our top picks and what makes them stand out. Whether you’re a professional arborist or a homeowner looking to tackle some yard work, we’ve got you covered.
Best 12 Inch Chainsaws
We understand the importance of having a reliable and efficient chainsaw for your outdoor projects. That’s why we’ve done the research and compiled a list of the best 12 inch chainsaws on the market. Whether you’re a professional or a DIY enthusiast, these chainsaws are guaranteed to provide you with the power and performance you need to get the job done. So without further ado, here are our top picks for the best 12-inch chainsaws.
If you are looking for a reliable and easy to use chainsaw for occasional use, the Greenworks 40V 12″ Cordless Compact Chainsaw is a great option.
- The automatic oiler ensures the bar and chain are well lubricated, making for a smoother and more efficient cutting experience.
- The tool-less tensioning system makes it easy to adjust the chain and keep it at the right tension for optimal performance.
- The electric start means no more fumes, carburetor issues, or starter ropes to deal with.
- The chainsaw is not very powerful, so it may struggle with larger trees or thicker branches.
- The battery life may not be sufficient for longer cutting sessions, so it’s important to have a spare battery on hand.
- The chainsaw is relatively heavy compared to some other cordless models, which may make it more difficult to maneuver for some users.
We recently used the Greenworks 40V 12″ Cordless Compact Chainsaw to clear some fallen branches in our backyard. The automatic oiler worked well, and we didn’t have to worry about manually lubricating the bar and chain. The tool-less tensioning system was also convenient, and we were able to adjust the chain quickly and easily when necessary. The electric start was a nice feature, and we appreciated not having to deal with gas or starter ropes.
However, we did notice that the chainsaw struggled a bit with some of the thicker branches, and it took longer to cut through them than we expected. The battery life was also a bit of a concern, as we had to switch to a spare battery halfway through our cutting session. Finally, we found the chainsaw to be a bit heavy, which made it more difficult to maneuver in some tight spaces.
Overall, we think the Greenworks 40V 12″ Cordless Compact Chainsaw is a good choice for homeowners and occasional users who need a reliable and easy to use chainsaw for light to medium cutting tasks. However, if you need a more powerful saw for heavy-duty work, you may want to look elsewhere.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and portable chainsaw that won’t cause fatigue after extended use, the QZTODO Little Chainsaw is an excellent choice.
- The ergonomic handle is gentle on the hands, decreasing user exhaustion. The steel bar spring makes it flexible and responsive, lessening the effort needed to start, making it suitable for the elderly and women.
- The QZTODO Little Chainsaw is lightweight at 8 Ibs. It is designed to be used with one hand and won’t cause fatigue after extended use.
- The QZTODO Little Chainsaw is designed for maximum agility and efficiency when working in trees, with a great power-to-weight ratio.
- Set up the simple-to-activate launcher for a hassle-free launch and adjust the fail-safe switch for a more convenient start and stop.
- The blade is tightened by turning a screw rather than by loosening the blade and then pulling the guide out farther. It’s different from the chainsaw I used before but like the idea.
- This chainsaw don’t have the same low-end torque as some other economical priced competitors, but it does have a more powerful high-end torque that helps to make up for it.
We recently used the QZTODO Little Chainsaw to cut up some small logs and brush, and we were impressed with its performance. The chainsaw is easy to handle and lightweight, making it a great tool for trimming trees and cutting up small branches.
The chainsaw is also designed with the user in mind, with an ergonomic handle that is gentle on the hands and a steel bar spring that makes it flexible and responsive. This makes it an excellent choice for the elderly and women who may not have the strength to start a heavier chainsaw.
Overall, we highly recommend the QZTODO Little Chainsaw for anyone looking for a lightweight and portable chainsaw that is easy to use and won’t cause fatigue after extended use.
If you’re looking for a reliable and fuel-efficient chainsaw that’s easy to use, the NEO-TEC 12” Top Handle Gas Chainsaw might be the perfect fit for you.
- The wrap-around handle feels soft and comfortable, reducing user fatigue.
- One-hand operation makes it easy to use for extended periods without getting tired.
- The built-in steel bar spring reduces starting resistance, making it ideal for the elderly and women.
- Some users have reported hard starting, which can take several pulls to get going.
- The plastic parts of the chainsaw feel a bit cheap and might not hold up well over time.
- The chain cover is a bit cumbersome to use at first, but you’ll get used to it after a few tries.
In my experience, the NEO-TEC chainsaw is a great option for anyone who needs a lightweight and maneuverable chainsaw that’s easy to use for extended periods. The wrap-around handle feels soft and comfortable, reducing user fatigue, and the built-in steel bar spring reduces starting resistance, making it ideal for the elderly and women.
One of the best things about this chainsaw is that it can be used with one hand, which is great if you need to work in tight spaces or for extended periods. However, some users have reported hard starting, which can take several pulls to get going.
The plastic parts of the chainsaw feel a bit cheap and might not hold up well over time, but this is to be expected given the price point. The chain cover is a bit cumbersome to use at first, but you’ll get used to it after a few tries.
Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and fuel-efficient chainsaw that’s easy to use, the NEO-TEC 12” Top Handle Gas Chainsaw is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a cordless chainsaw that is powerful and easy to use, the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw is a great option.
- The cordless design makes it easy to use and eliminates the need for gas.
- The brushless motor technology maximizes runtime and motor life.
- The compact, lightweight design maximizes user control.
- The battery and charger are sold separately, so you’ll need to purchase them separately.
- The chainsaw is not as powerful as gas-powered chainsaws.
- The chain tensioning knob can be difficult to use.
We recently had the opportunity to try out the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw, and we were impressed with its performance. The cordless design makes it easy to use and eliminates the need for gas, which is a big plus. The brushless motor technology maximizes runtime and motor life, which means you can get more done with less downtime.
The compact, lightweight design of the chainsaw makes it easy to maneuver and control, even in tight spaces. We were able to use it to cut through thick branches and even some small trees without any issues. The low kickback chain and bar also make it a safe option for beginners.
One downside of the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw is that the battery and charger are sold separately, so you’ll need to purchase them separately if you don’t already have them. Additionally, the chainsaw is not as powerful as gas-powered chainsaws, so it may not be the best option for heavy-duty jobs.
Overall, we would recommend the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw for anyone who needs a powerful and easy-to-use cordless chainsaw. It’s a great option for construction and outdoor cutting applications, and the brushless motor technology ensures that it will last for years to come.
If you’re looking for a reliable and versatile chainsaw, the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw Kit is worth considering.
- The cordless design makes it easy to use and eliminates the need for gas, which means no fumes and no carburetor issues.
- The lightweight and compact design (just 9 lbs. with battery) allows for maximum user control and maneuverability.
- The high-efficiency brushless motor technology delivers extreme runtime and long motor life, providing up to 90 cuts per charge on 4×4 pressure treated wood (using a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery).
- The 12-inch bar length may not be suitable for larger trees or logs.
- The battery may not last as long as a gas-powered chainsaw, so it may not be ideal for extended use.
- The tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob may be difficult to use for those who are not familiar with chainsaws.
Overall, the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw Kit is a great option for those who need a reliable and versatile chainsaw for construction and outdoor cutting applications. The cordless design makes it easy to use and eliminates the need for gas, while the lightweight and compact design allows for maximum user control and maneuverability. The high-efficiency brushless motor technology delivers extreme runtime and long motor life, making it a great choice for those who need a chainsaw for tough construction and outdoor work.
The kit includes a 5.0Ah 20V MAX* battery, charger, and a hard bar cover, making it a convenient and practical option for those who need a reliable chainsaw. The tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob allows for proper bar clamping force, while the low kick back 12-inch bar and chain make it a great option for construction and outdoor cutting applications.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a reliable and versatile chainsaw, the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw Kit is definitely worth considering. With its cordless design, lightweight and compact design, and high-efficiency brushless motor technology, it’s a great option for those who need a chainsaw for tough construction and outdoor work.
When looking to buy a chainsaw, there are several factors to consider to ensure you choose the best product for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
First, decide what type of power source you want for your chainsaw. There are three main options: gas, electric, and battery-powered. Gas-powered chainsaws tend to be the most powerful and are ideal for heavy-duty tasks, but they require more maintenance and can be noisy. Electric chainsaws are quieter and require less maintenance, but they are less powerful and have a limited range due to the cord. Battery-powered chainsaws are more portable and have less maintenance needs, but they are less powerful than gas-powered options and have limited battery life.
The bar length of a chainsaw determines the size of branches or logs it can cut. Longer bars can cut larger pieces of wood, but they can also be heavier and more unwieldy. Consider the types of projects you will be using your chainsaw for and choose a bar length that will meet your needs without being too cumbersome.
Safety should always be a top priority when using a chainsaw. Look for models that have safety features such as anti-kickback chains, chain brakes, and hand guards. These features can help prevent accidents and injuries while using the saw.
Consider any additional features that may be important to you, such as automatic oiling systems, tool-less chain adjustment, or vibration reduction technology. These features can make using the chainsaw easier and more comfortable, but they may also increase the cost of the product.
By considering these factors, you can choose a chainsaw that will meet your needs and provide reliable performance for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best 12-inch chainsaw chain for cutting hardwood?
When it comes to cutting hardwood, we recommend using a semi-chisel chain. This type of chain has a rounded tooth, which makes it more durable and able to handle tough materials. It also has a slower cutting speed, which allows for more control and precision while cutting.
What are the advantages of using 12 inch chainsaws over a 14-inch chainsaws?
The main advantage of a 12-inch chainsaw is its lightweight and compact size. This makes it easier to maneuver and use in tight spaces, such as when pruning or trimming small trees or bushes. It also requires less power and fuel, which can save you money in the long run.
Can a 12-inch chainsaw cut through thick logs?
Yes, 12 inch chainsaws can cut through thick logs, but it may take longer and require more effort than a larger chainsaw. It’s important to use the right chain and keep it sharp to ensure the best performance.
What is the average lifespan of a 12-inch chainsaw?
The lifespan of a 12-inch chainsaw can vary depending on how often it’s used and how well it’s maintained. With proper care and maintenance, a good quality 12-inch chainsaw can last for several years.
How does the Dewalt 20V chainsaw compare to other 12 inch chainsaws?
The Dewalt 20V chainsaw is a popular choice for those who want a cordless option. It has a powerful motor and long battery life, making it a great choice for light to medium-duty tasks. However, it may not be as powerful as some other 12-inch chainsaws, so it’s important to consider your needs before making a purchase.
What are the safety precautions to take when operating 12 inch chainsaws?
Always wear protective gear, such as gloves, eye and ear protection, and sturdy boots. Make sure the chainsaw is properly maintained and the chain is sharp. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use and never operate the chainsaw above shoulder height. Keep the chainsaw away from flammable materials and never use it in wet or slippery conditions.